What is a Blue Competent Operator Card?
CPCS blue card (Blue Competent Operator Card) confirms you have demonstrated a level of health. Firstly safety and environment awareness through the CITB health, safety and environment test, underpinning knowledge through a CPCS theory test, operating ability through a CPCS practical test and operating competence on the type of plant evidenced by a VQ.
cpcs telehandler blue card , cpcs blue card nvq , cpcs card cost , cpcs card, cpcs competence card, cpcs ticket, renewing my blue cpcs card, what is a cpcs card
Get a CPCS Blue Competent Operator Card
Secondly, To get this card you need to:
- Provide proof of achievement of the VQ for the category being applied for to the CPCS Test Centre
- Pass the relevant CITB health, safety and environment test
- Achieve the CPCS theory test (within two years of the CITB health, safety and environment test)
- Achieve the CPCS practical test (within six months of the CPCS theory test and within two years of the CITB health, safety and environment test)
Thirdly, On achievement of the CPCS practical test, the CPCS test Centre will request the competent operator card on your behalf. The role of the logbook is to record life-long learning and evidence towards the renewal of a competent operator card.
CPCS Blue Competent Operator Card Renewal
Furthermore CPCS is required to phase out blue Competent Operator cards gained through Industry Accreditation from 1 January 2020, and any cards issued through transitional routes will be completely removed by 31 December 2024, more information.
For example, obtaining your CPCS Competent Operator card after transferring from another card scheme such as the CTA Scheme.
Renewing your card before the expiry date.
To renew you need to:
- Hold an innate Blue Competent Operator Card category or categories renewing
- Pass the relevant CITB health Safety and environment test within the last two years (must be valid on receipt of the application)
- Pass the CPCS Renewal test relevant to the categories that your are renewing (must be valid on receipt of application)
- Demonstrate on-going practical operating experience through a choice of routes:
- On-Site Assessment with a registered test Centre
- CPCS Practical test with a registered test Centre
*If taken in the past 2 years.
Nevertheless Completion of form F1/3 Application to Renew CPCS Competent Operator Card, to be submitted to the mailing address on the reverse of the application form. Full details on how to renew are available within the Scheme Booklet for Operators.
Please be aware should your card have expired you have up to 5 years to renew after the expiry of the card.
Should you not require or be able to meet the renewal requirements for a category. Furthermore You have the option to Bank a category until you are able to meet the renewal requirements.
If a Blue Competent Operator Card is more than five years past the expiry date. A cardholder who wants to renew it will have to:
• Pass CITB Health, safety & environment test