Buy Practical Driving Test Pass Certificate:
The practical test makes sure you can drive confidently and safely in different road and traffic conditions, and that you know The Highway Code (and can show this by the way you drive). It normally lasts about 40 minutes. Buy Practical Driving Test Pass Certificate.
For about 20 minutes of the test, you’ll be asked to drive independently and follow directions from a sat nav provided by the examiner. One in 5 driving tests will not use a sat nav; you’ll be asked to follow traffic signs instead. Buy Practical Driving Test Pass Certificate
Do not worry if you go the wrong way. It’s not a geography test. Just get back on track as best you can, and you won’t necessarily get any faults. It’s just so you can show the examiner that you’ll be able to drive safely on your own after you’ve passed your test.
What to expect from the practical driving test
- An eyesight check. Here you are required to read a number plate from 20 meters for vehicles with a new style plate or 20.5 meters for vehicles with an old style number plate. New style plates are those which have two letters followed by two numbers. For example, AB63 ABC. If you fail to read the number plate, your test will end.
- ‘Show me, tell me’ vehicle safety questions. You will be asked one ‘show me’ and one ‘tell me’ question during your test. The first will be a ‘tell me’ question at the beginning of your test. The ‘show me’ question will be asked whilst you are actually driving. For tips and examples of these, scroll down the page.
- General driving ability. During this section of the test you drive in various road and traffic environments – excluding motorways. The examiner will provide directions for you to follow, so there is no stress there, but to keep people on their toes the driving test routes are not published.
- Reversing your vehicle. You will be asked to do one of the following: parallel park at the side of the road, park in a bay or pull up on the right-hand side of the road and reverse for roughly 2 car lengths. However, that last one has been subject to some controversy.
- Independent driving. The final section of the test is independent driving, which lasts for about 20 minutes, following either a sat nav or traffic signs, you will be told which one by the examiner.