CITB Health, safety & environment (HSE) test




What is the HS&E test?

HS&E test is an important way for construction workers to show employers that they can be safe on the job. Firstly, The aim of the test is to examine knowledge across a wide range of topics to improve safety and productivity on CITB Health

Which type of test do I need to take?

Secondly, you are unsure which test to take, use the CSCS Card Finder. Simply enter your occupation or qualification into Card Finder and follow the steps on the screen. Moreover Card Finder will show you which card you are eligible for and which CITB test you need to take.

Thirdly appropriate test for you will depend on your occupation and the qualifications you hold. Please make sure that you sit the correct test as completing the wrong one will delay your CSCS card application.

citb hs&e test, citb hsandetest ,hs and e test , hs&e test for operatives , citb labourer test, hs&e test for operatives card, health safety and environment test for operatives , operatives health safety and environment test for operatives

There are three types of HS&E test:

  • Operative – tests for a basic level of health, safety and environmental awareness. This test is required when applying for the Laborer card, the Trainee card, the Apprentice card. Most Blue Skilled Worker cards and most Gold Advanced Craft cards.
  • Manager and Professional – tests for everything in the operative test, for instance additional material relevant to managers and professionals.
  • Specialist – tests for everything in the operative test, plus additional material relating to a specialist area such as supervision or working at heights.

If you know which type of test to take, contact CITB to book and pay for the test online or phone . PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT CSCS TO BOOK A TEST.

How do I book the test?

You can book the test from the CITB website.

Furthermore The profile picture taken when you sit the HS&E test will be the one used on your CSCS card, should your application be approved. If you are applying with an exemption to the HS&E test requirement then you will have to provide a passport style photograph as part of your application.

Are there any revision materials available?

to conclude Revision materials are available from most high street and online booksellers or the CITB website.

Am I exempt from doing the test?

There are currently two exemptions to the HS&E test requirement. You can find out more about them here.


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “CITB Health, safety & environment (HSE) test”

Your email address will not be published.