Get your Datacomms Specialist Card with sitting for test or exams White with blue stripe
ECS Datacomms Specialist card However, this ECS card is being retained for cardholders who hold the relevant qualification requirements. If you do not have the exact qualifications for this card you will need to meet the requirements of a Network Infrastructure card.
Secondly Work typically includes the installation of structured cabling, including UTP, STP, FTP, Co-AX, general common cables, single-mode fibre and multi-mode fibre cables with all necessary containment and associated connection units; installation of earthing and bonding cables. Also the fitting out enclosures with structured cable termination equipment (connection units, hubs, switches, routers, patch panels etc).
Eligibility and requirements for ECS Datacomms Specialist card
To be eligible for an ECS Datacomms Specialist card, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. You must hold one of the following:
- Datacomms Specialist apprenticeship
- Award in Communications Cabling (such as the C&C 3666/3667)
- S/NVQ Level 2 in Structured Cabling Systems
2. Provide a letter of support and a job description from your employer
3. Hold a current ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the ECS H&S